What is a Parish Nurse?
The primary goals of the Parish Nurse Ministry are wellness promotion and disease prevention. It is a ministry to meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the whole person, from birth to death.
The Parish Nurse Ministry:
- Offers Health screening such as blood pressure on third Sundays
- Offers classes on healthcare issues
- Assesses health status when appropriate during office hours on Tuesday morning or by appointment
- Initiates support groups or makes referrals to community groups
- Keeps informed of existing community agencies and assists parishioners to the appropriate resources
- Communicates needs and information through the church newsletter and bulletin board
- Tends to spiritual and emotional needs by presence, prayer and referrals to the pastor
Teaching and healing were vital to Jesus’ ministry.
Parish Nursing returns healing to the origins…the church.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.